Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for an allotment garden plot?

Write, phone or e-mail the Clerk and ask for an application form. This will be mailed to you to complete and return to the Clerk.  Once the Clerk has received your completed form your details will  be put on our waiting list, and when a plot becomes available the person at the top of the list will be notified and offered a plot. However there are two waiting lists, one is for residents who live in Coity, Pendre or Litchard and these are always given priority. A second list is also kept of interested parties who live outside these wards.

How much is the annual rent for an allotment garden plot?

The current annual charge for a plot is £42.00 (2023/24) The rent is reviewed and the tenancies renewed each year in September and tenants notified a year in advance.

The road is in bad condition – where do I report this problem?

You can report it to the Clerk  who will then contact Bridgend County Borough Council on your behalf. Or you can contact BCBC direct on 01656 643643 and complete a reporting form.

I run a local group, how do I apply for financial assistance?

Please complete the Financial Assistance form at the bottom of the Finance page of the website.   If you cannot download and print the form please write to the Clerk requesting a paper copy of the form.   The Clerk will then raise the matter at the next meeting of the Community Council and if the money is needed as a matter of urgency it will be given consideration at that meeting, but if it is not urgent it will be deferred to the following March meeting.

How do I book Coity Higher Community Centre?

Bridgend County Borough Council are responsible for the hire of the Centre, please ring them direct on 01656 643643.

Our street needs a grit bin or litter bin – who do I speak to about this?

You can submit a request to the Clerk  who will submit a request to BCBC for a grit bin.   If your request is for a litter or dog waste bin this will be raised at the next Community Council meeting for consideration and if granted the Clerk will then seek permission from BCBC to install the bin and request that it is included on their collection schedule.

One of our street lights isn’t working – where do I report this?

Please report this direct to Bridgend County Borough Council on 01656 643643 or via their reporting form available on their website.

One of the public footpaths is overgrown – who do I report this to?

Please contact  the Clerk who will then arrange for the footpath to be cleared.